About the Center
It is our vision that CANASTEMM be an interdisciplinary mechanism to support and encourage applied numerical analysis research of students and faculty in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine at Youngstown State University. We hope that the center will provide internship opportunities for our students and enrichment opportunities for our faculty. Finally, it is our hope that the center will provide development opportunities for local professionals.
- Promoting Applied Numerical Analysis for working professionals and students in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine.
- Organizing workshops, forums, and conferences on topics in Applied Numerical Analysis, including bringing in prominent speakers in the areas of interest to the center, and publish proceedings.
- Facilitating discussion of Applied Numerical Analysis by University faculty and staff.
- Supporting the development of an interdisciplinary minor in Applied Numerical Analysis in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine.
- Promoting Applied Numerical Analysis outreach and consultation to related public and private agencies and organizations.
- Fostering and supporting student involvement in projects and research in Applied Numerical Analysis in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine.
- Supporting the development of internships or other practical learning experiences for University students in the topics of Applied Numerical Analysis.
- Supporting reasonable travel for YSU students to make presentations at appropriate Applied Numerical Analysis meetings/conferences.
- Support the development of a refereed Journal of Applied Numerical Analysis in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine (JANASTEMM).